Mobile Technology • Engineering Leader • Hands-on Technologist
Highly accomplished software engineer with over 15 years of project and team management, including both off-shore and local engineering teams. Extensive experience developing mobile applications using a variety of languages and software development tools. Entrepreneurial and visionary, having worked as a founder/co-founder in start-up ventures as well as having contributed to established Fortune 500 businesses.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND TOOLS (PARTIAL LIST)
iOS ( Obj-C / Swift )
OOP / OOD
DynamoDB / MongoDB
GIT / SVN
JIRA – Agile Development
AWS / S3 / RDS / LAMBDA
GoEmerchant Inc. ( October 2015 – Present )
Position – Director of Mobile Engineering
Location – NJ
Job Responsibilities ( partial )
- Architecting, managing and developing payment applications.
- Architecting an enterprise level mass traffic secure system to handle payment transactions across multiple verticals.
- Managing multiple teams to deliver and deploy payment processing system across multiple platforms.
- Developed a swift based framework that allow any third party developers to create and integrate payments into any mobile applications.
- Creating low level drivers for 3rd party hardware such as Ingenico, uDynamo, Star Inc. etc…
Obj-C / Swift / Android / C#
Tools: GitHub, Xamarin, JIRA, XCode, Visual Studio, MySql & Microsoft SQL Servers, TFS.
Begroupd Media Inc. – NYC – CTO (December 2014 – October 2015 )
AKA – Khloe Kardashian app
- Architecting, developing and managing a multi-million high traffic user base social network.
- Building a team of senior engineers on site as well as off site.
JIRA. Front end –
Objective-C for iOs, SqlLite DB for client side caching and working in the offline mode.
Node.js packaging environment to deploy a small single threaded components that define a single business case, architecture which allows easy and quick new feature development and automatic scalability based on the usage hence providing cost efficient AWS environment.
RabbitMQ – Queue for messaging based application and backend components that enables software applications to connect and scale.
Using MySql to store all the data that is relevant to real-time and user databases.
AWS iOs kit – for secure upload and download media from and to mobile devices.
Socket.io, – used to establish and persist secure connection between mobile clients and system servers and send / receive real time messages and any other type of media
ASINetwork Queue for establishing communication and providing an REST api interface for calling
Source Management – GITHUB
Crashlytics / TestFlight – for testing and internal deployment and monitoring for incoming issues.
Flurry – for user analytics of app usage.
DataDog – for system real time health analysis
Jenkins – integrated with Git to build and deploy releases to different development and production environments.
ELB – for load balancing AWS machines.
NGINX – Load – balancer using Round-Robin to balance application servers per EC2 instance.
S3 – used to store and provide secure access media uploaded from users.
Established an Agile development environment by integrating JIRA into the company overall process of Sprints, Releases and
Working directly with Apple to deploy iOs application, resolving review issues, and expediting review per need.
SnapOne, Inc ( 2012 – 2014 )
Director of Engineering
SnapOne develops consumer and small business “life” security services, cloud apps and underlying platform to secure and manage people, data, devices and their digital life.
Hands-on management of a team of developers for the cloud-based mobile application implementation.
Architected and developed a bundle of 4 native applications focusing on family security, location services and social network security.
Assembled a team of 25 engineers distributed onsite as well as off-shore and developed a bundle of cloud based mobile applications for managing people and device security for apple platforms using location services, emergency services etc…
Vivat, Inc ( 2010 – 2012 ) 2010-2012
Mobile Department Manager
Vivat is a leader in practical SOA solutions, providing a variety of products and services to companies worldwide.
- Managed projects and development teams offshore and locally.
- Hands-on contributor to the development of mobile applications for enterprise as well as for mass market.
- Lead and successfully deployed WorldBank.org Integrity project integrating with Open Database initiative.
➢ AWS Linux
Astricom provides a unique platform for creating smart video campaigns in an easy, cost-effective and salable way.
- Leading a multiple teams over 40 engineers in the breakthrough TV to web software project for RTL, the leading TV network in Germany, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland and Luxemburg.
- Used Agile software development project planning and management. The pre-development stage of this project included assessing various companies and technologies in terms of both technology and business strategy/productivity.
- Architected, managed, developed and deployed an SMS based voting system for European Song Contest ( AKA Eurovision ) used in every European country during the contest.
CTO & CoFounder
Mobixie was a finalist in the Best Startup competition held in March 2007 in Israel (sponsored by Microsoft, KPMG and TheMarker). Company was sold to Digame.de in 2008.
- Led company’s technology vision and was responsible for multiple development projects and teams.
- Featured on TechCrunch, Killer Startups, including an article on “Iraqi youth bank on Mobixie to proof their identity” featured in CIOL.COM
- Architected and developed client-server mobile platform for establishing P2P communication between mobile devices, servers and other types of network-enabled machines.
- Developed platform WAP solution
- Active participant in VC and private investment rounds.
- Established business partnership with Motorola US, Nokia and other strategic partners across the globe.
Tools and Platforms:
➢ SQL database
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed advanced telephony server using ACE (adaptive communication platform) under UNIX and LINUX
- Designed and developed client- server file transfer protocol over IP. Technologies Used : OOD patterns , MFC libraries , Windows API programming.
- Designed and developed application sharing mechanism.
Technologies Used : OOD patterns , MFC libraries , Windows API programming , API “hijacking” methods.
- Created Maintenance Tools: MS Windows service based utility, that monitors local system performance and makes necessary changes inside the running processes.
Technologies Used : OOD patterns, MFC libraries, COM.
- Designed XML templates: Designed XML-compatible classes that can build/update/send/receive/output XML
Technologies Used : OOD patterns, VC++, MFC libraries, DOM (Document object model), HTTP.
- Led Global DNS / WINS support project: Ability for all windows based components to support DNS / WINS
Technologies Used : Rewriting Winsock 2 TCP layer, API Windows programming, MFC libraries
PUBLISHED IOS AND ANDROID APPS
Bachelors in Business Administration and IT Management International University of Business and Law – Cherson, Ukraine Associates Degree in Software Engineering
Tel Aviv University – graduated summa cum laude
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES, PATENTS, PUBLICATIONS, OPENSOURCE CONTRIBUTIONS:
- Patent: Publication Number : WO2008023366A2
- Patent Pending for one finger multi-selection gesture on the touch enabled devices.
- http://iclassniki.blogspot.com/ – closing on 100K visits
English, Russian, Hebrew